- Switch off before getting into bed.
- Switch off when not at home.
- Keep blanket flat and tied firmly to the bed.
- Never use if wet, soiled or creased.
- Do not use a hot water bottle and an electric blanket together.
- Do not place heavy objects on an electric blanket if switched on.
- Never fold if storing, as you may damage the wiring.
Replace your blanket if it shows any of the following danger signs:
- Frayed or worn fabric or scorch marks
- Exposed elements
- Creasing or folding
- Soiling/damp patches
- Tie tapes damaged or missing
- Damaged electrical cord, plug or controller.
As a final check, switch onto high for 10 - 15 minutes. Run your hand over the blanket to check for hot spots which indicate that the elements may be damaged.
- Don’t smoke in bed.
- Light globes are hot. Fit bedside lamps with a compact fluorescent bulb. Don’t put material over the lamp.