Do these things to safely escape a fire
- Get down, get low, get out - smoke is poisonous, get underneath it on your hands and knees, and crawl to the nearest safe exit.
- Shut the doors behind you to stop the spread of fire.
- Shout Fire! Fire! Fire! to warn others.
- Ensure everyone is out of the building.
- Get out and stay out - never go back inside.
- Go to your safe meeting place - such as your letterbox.
- Call triple zero ‘000’ from a mobile or a neighbour’s phone.
- Wait for the Fire Service to arrive.